Monday, April 20, 2009

Trees


Trees in the lunar cycle
Moon phase
They should be planted when the moon is at the third quarter decreasing stage, which is good for root crops so they have a well-developed root systems .

Also they should be planted according to what they are.

A fruit tree should be planted under a sign good for producing fruit.
Oak , walnut, & pecan are also fruiting trees, as they produces nuts.

Willows need plenty of water so a water sign would be good for them along with the 3rd quarter would be perfect.

For me I would pick
Fruit tree
Scorpio is a very fruitful and moist, watery
Cancer is fruitful, moist, watery the best sign for all Above-ground and root crops

Regular trees
Taurus is fairly productive, moist, earthy good for both root & leaf
Pisces is watery and one of the most fertile signs

Flowering trees
like dogwood , redbud, snowball bush,
Libra is airy and masculine but also semi-fertile and moist, a good sign for vines, and especially for flowers.
Scorpio is a very fruitful and moist, watery for abundance of flowers.
()()()(Photobucket)()()()()()()()()()(Photobucket)()()()()()(Photobucket)()()()()()

April 22, 2009 is Earth day.

I love this quote!
"Go outside today, no matter what the weather! Take in the "tonic of outdoor air, the healthy influence that comes from contact with the soil, the delightful companionship with nature" (Eben E. Rexford, The Home Garden, 1909).
Click here You can see portions of his book at google library for free.

He prescribes a season of gardening. As being better than any drug a doctor can give you. I saw this to be true with my friends Mr & Mrs D in St. Louis. They have a flower garden and worked it together. My D passed at age 93. And her health is now failing as he is gone and she can not work the garden as she did before.

I my self found peace and contentment in my garden at my old home. It was like heaven on earth. So I need to take some of my own medicine and get to work on my garden here. So I can find peace and regain my physical and health.

My prescription for you is to go out side tomorrow. Enjoy the weather. Or plant a garden . learn to love and respect the Earth we share. Think green. recycle reuse and restore the health of the earth. Maybe plant a tree.

(Note.
Earth Day, celebrated April 22, is a day designed to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's environment Please see wickpedia for more info on the history of this day.
()()()(Photobucket)()()()()()()()()()()()()(Photobucket)()()()()()()()(Photobucket)()()()()()
Note:
The Lunar planting calendar for this month is located at the bottom of the page.

No comments: