Sunday, April 19, 2009

Lunar garden update1

Today is another wet rainy day. Garden prep is behind. I can not do much by my self any more. So far I have 10 tomato plants transplanted in the garden under soda bottles. They are doing great. 2 out of 3 red potatoes planted in the top soil bags are doing great. 1 seems to be frost bit. I should have put them under bottles too. Mistake #1.
^Before fence^
Yesterday I managed to put up 3 cattle panels used to both fence in and support plants. I will have tomatoes on2 sides and melons and cukes on another side.
After fence photo
The seed inside is doing great. This is the first time I have succeeded at growing tomatoes from seed.


The plants in the center are cabbage fdr they are leggy and I have no clue if they will successfully make a good plant. The Lunar planting calendar for this month is located at the bottom of the page.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Wow! You've done a lot of work!!