Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Todays garden 1

It has been raining the last couple of days.
I bough a rain gage to show me how much.
The wind has remove all the black plastic I put down.
The tomatoes are doing great under the soda bottles.

I have Ires clematis and white yarrow doing well around the pole.
Sunday I planter 1 yellow and 1 red cherry 100 tomatoes in the upside down buckets.

I was surprised to find a plant growing under the lid from last years soil.
I dump the old dirt in a wheal barrow and mix it in with some composted manure peat ant top soil. This will give last years potting soil a refresher.
This is a geranium bush I received in the mail last fall. I kept in the veggie drawer over winter and I am placing it in the amended top soil bag temporarily. I do not like to plant in November. and will not mail order from this company again.
I placed the potato plant that was frost bit in this bucket and covered it with soil. Wow what a recovery of leaf.




The Lunar planting calendar for this month is located at the bottom of the page.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Thank you for your calendar at the bottom of the page, I have alot to plant on Thursday.

I love your rain gage, that should really help with making sure the upside down tomatoes don't get too much water this year.

Is your geranium a hardy outside one? I have one that is doing great, and will probably go to my mom's soon.