Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday update

The over view of my garden for 2009. Please do not mind the weeds I am lucky to get the garden planted this year.
I removed all the lettuce around the tomatoes here to aid in air circulation. I have replanted more in it's place.
I place the lettuce leaves on the sides of the bean crop to decompose and add to compost.
The top of the photo is where I added composted manure top soil peat moss on top of news paper to create a no dig garden for my corn seed I planted yesterday.
On the fence line is melon and cukes
This leave is from my peonies it seems to have early blight, I removed the affected leaves.
We were expecting hail and storms with heave winds yesterday. So I pulled the bad leaves from the tomato on the back fence added composted manure and mulch . In hope of saving the plants I added the soda bottle tops to protect them from more rain.
I places a pallet at a tilt on the fence ,added Plastic in hope of keeping more WATER OFF THE Leaves. This may help save them from early blight.
So far my tomatoes in the up side down containers are the only healthy tomato plants.
The Lunar planting calendar for this month is located at the bottom of the page.

No comments: