Monday, May 18, 2009

Cherry tomatoes in my garden

Yellow Pear Cherry Tomato
Lycopersicon esculentum Indeterminate Heirloom Regular Leaf 1 oz. (70-80 days)
I already have blooms on my plant today. This is a popular mild flavored, pear-shaped fruit that has been grown since the late 1800s Said to be low in acid; crack resistant It should bear clusters of fruits all season long.
Resistant to alternaria stem canker disease. They require substantial caging and/or staking for support Plant 4-6 ft. apart. Bushes can grow up to 8-10 ft tall.
Parts of this plant are poisonous if ingested
.

Sweet 100 Hybrid (Lycopersicon lycopersicum) 'Sweet 100' Indeterminate.Regular Leaf multiple-branched clusters of 1/2 inch Cherry tomatoes. 65 day
This is the only Hybrid tomato I have in my garden this year.
American : plant does not set seed, flowers are sterile, or plants will not come true from seed. Sweet fruit with high vitamin C. Vigorous vines that as said to bear abundantly until frost and need staking for best results. Disease Resistance to Fusarium Wilt , Verticillium Wilt , Root Nematodes , Tobacco Mosaic.
. Sweet 100's grow like crazy regardless of pruning. It is said this can get up to 20 feet tall. This plant takes allot of space.

The Lunar planting calendar for this month is located at the bottom of the page

3 comments:

My Memories and Crystals said...

Hello Grammy. What you're doing is great. Planting different kinds of plants are also my hubby's desire.

Thanks for dropping by although you are preparing for an operation. Thank you so much for being a good friend. I'm not sure if you're the one who gave a comment for my crystals who wanted to have it send to u. Anyway, just let me know because it was deleted. When I opened it - I checked and published but my cp was not working well. So it was lost.

I'll be praying for you Grammy. God will richly bless you in anyway. Take a rest and be renewed.

My Memories and Crystals said...

Hello Grammy, visiting here. Thanks for the visiting in my blog. With regards to the crystals, yes, I use real ones they call it swarovki. I will try to post and let you know about the prices later.
I will still try to ask how much do I need to spend sending to your place.

Blessings to you and your family.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I also got some cherry tomatoes going now but don't recall the variety.

Coffee is on.