Monday, July 13, 2015

The Experimental Farm Network seeds of 2015

Phaseolus coccineus
( Black Coat Scarlet Runner Bean )
 I love the flowers. With all the rain we had this year in Missouri.It took a while to get these to pollinate. But the bee's are hard at work today.Many pods are forming now.
Pea (Dwarf gray sugar)
 This has a beautiful flower.You can see photos in my other posts. Right now the pods are starting to dry so I can collect seed soon.
. BUSHITENO  (Grif 1490) cowpea from Sri Lanka
 This plant is now climbing the fence. It is the slowest at getting started.I have not seen any sign of flowers yet. But I think they may start soon.
Faro Quinoa (Pedros select)
 I had to start new seed for this one.It could not take all the rain or lack of sun we had this year.
Belezian cranbe
This is the only plant to make it thew all of our rain and lack of sun. It is short. And now forming seed balls. I will add more details soon.

Plum Lemon (Lycopersicon lycopersicum) (PI 64753)
Heirloom Tomato This plant was fast to start. All seeds germinated. Will add photos and more info soon. 

No comments: